~from the Good Earth to your table~

Exceptional Certified Organic Vegetables, Herbs, Heirloom Flowers, Garlic, Jams & Jellies

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Roasted New Red Potatoes

Oh boy! I've never grilled at lunchtime before, but it was just too hot to cook anything inside. Sure, I could have just had a salad with Rose's delicate and delicious lettuce, but I was thinking that my body was lacking potassium and since I had some red potatoes from Harvest Home...I fired up the grill at noon. I cut the larger potatoes in half (note: it's very important to have a pretty uniform size for all the taters) and drizzled with olive oil and mixed with rosemary, salt and fresh ground pepper. I used my grill wok and let them "bake" for a good 40 minutes. Some of the smaller ones were a bit overcooked (see note above), but the overall result was just what I was looking for. In fact, despite the fact that no bacon was used in the cooking of these reds, there somehow was a full-flavored bacon taste, especially in the uncut potatoes. Yum-o-licious!

No comments:

Post a Comment