~from the Good Earth to your table~

Exceptional Certified Organic Vegetables, Herbs, Heirloom Flowers, Garlic, Jams & Jellies

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Foraged Greens & Feta Salad with Improvised Confetti

There is suddenly a lot of green out there and it is a shame to let it go to waste. Right now is a forager's paradise. Out of my weedy patch out back I harvested tender young dandelion greens, robust chives, and some garlic greens (sprouting up from some leftovers from last year). I could have also scooted over to the side yard for some of that pesky but reportedly tasty garlic mustard. To make the potentially chewier leaves more dainty, I chopped them up in the food processor just a bit. Add to the greens a couple dollops of local feta cheese and top with something bright from the fridge: shredded carrots and chopped red pepper. Then garnish with some sunflower seeds and ground pepper and you've got a salad of fairly complex tastes. If you are find it too earthy...just add vinaigrette. Think of the vitamins in this beauty! ~Jackie

1 comment:

  1. Hi Rose,
    This is Amie from New York Coalition for Healthy School Food. We spoke years ago about your beans. I just came across an old email that I somehow missed. When I tried to email you it got kicked back - I guess you changed email addresses. Can you email me at amie@healthyschoolfood.org with your new email address?
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete